Giving back to the community has been a CPP priority since the company’s inception in 1956. This mandate reflects the legacy of CPP’s founder, John Black, who devoted time and resources to philanthropic activities. The company actively supports the communities in which its employees live and work by budgeting a percentage of earnings to contribute to various causes and organizations.
Consistent with its corporate vision, CPP’s philanthropic activities today focus on contributing to programs that support people, promote educational opportunities, and help underserved communities. Our commitment to corporate citizenship also extends to providing high-quality products and services that are socially sound and conducting our business in an environmentally responsible manner.
Charitable donations to local and national nonprofit organizations near our offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, help communities in various ways. We also give to organizations that provide national and international support efforts.
Some of the organizations CPP is pleased to support include the following:
- Pets In Need - Pets In Need (PIN) is a 501 © 3 non-profit organization founded in 1965 as Northern California’s first no-kill animal rescue organization. Their life-saving work is funded solely by donations from generous individuals. www.petsinneed.org
- Family Giving Tree - Over the last 25 years Family Giving Tree has served more than 1,200,000 children and individuals in throughout the greater Bay Area as they actively endeavor to inspire the values of kindness, philanthropy and volunteerism in our community. www.familygivingtree.org
- Doctors Without Borders - Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private, international association. The association is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. www.doctorswithoutborders.org/about-us/history-principles/charter
- American Heart Association - The American Heart Association is a non-profit organization in the United States that fosters appropriate cardiac care in an effort to reduce disability and deaths caused by cardiovascular disease and stroke. www.heart.org/HEARTORG
- Community Services Agency - For over 50 years, Community Services Agency has been providing vital social services for residents of Mountain View, Los Altos and Los Altos Hills. We understand that hardship can come at any time and knows no age limit. They provide a safety net so independence and self-sufficiency can be restored and maintained. Their clients may be a young, working poor family or an elderly person looking for companionship. Csacares.org/about-csa
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention - The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is the leader in the fight against suicide. They fund research, offer educational programs, advocate for public policy, and support those affected by suicide. www.afsp.org
- Wounded Warrior Project - Their mission is to honor and empower Wounded Warriors. www.woundedwarriorproject.org